Safety Instruction - Core Drill Bits
Updated: Sep 24, 2021
1. Observe the working site safety regulations.
2. Keep bystanders or animals out of the work area.
3. Safety goggles, gloves, footwear, ear and head protection, and a mask are recommended.
4. Before use, examine the diamond core bit for any cracks or other damage, Do not use if the damage is suspected.
5. Ensure that the diamond core bit is suitable for the material being coring out.
6. Disconnect power to the machine before mounting the diamond core bit.
7. Ensure that the diamond core bit is securely fastened to the machine, if the diamond core bit does not securely fit, a washer may be put between the diamond core bit and the machine to ensure a tight fit.
8. Ensure that the coring surface is clean from debris.
9. The use of the diamond core bit is recommended on a stationary core machine. If using the diamond core bit on a hand-held machine, maintain a straight cutting plane to avoid sideload or twist. The use of a guide or pilot may help the diamond core bit maintain straight coring through the material.
10. Maintain a firm grip on the tool during coring.
11. Ensure that adequate water is properly disbursed to the diamond core bit so that there is sufficient cooling. A water containment device is recommended for coring indoors.
12. Ensure that the proper RPM is used to avoid overheating and glazing.
1" ~ 1-1/8"
1-1/4" ~ 1-3/8"
13. Before coring, let the tool run for a few seconds without load. If the diamond core bit wobbles, vibrates, or has an unusual noise, stop the tool immediately. Examine the diamond core bit for damage or incorrect mounting.
14. To ensure longer diamond life, avoid sharp or abrupt contact with the material being coring out.
15. If using a hand-held machine, do not rock the diamond core bit side to side when coring. Rocking may cause the segments (or continuous diamond wall) of the diamond core bit to detach from the shank and possibly cause injury. Simply use adequate pressure on the diamond core bit while maintaining a straight cutting plane.
16. Do not use the diamond core bit for extensive periods. Excessive heat can cause vibration and glazing. To assist cooling, simply lift the diamond core bit out of the cut for several seconds and then continue coring.
17. Reduce pressure as the diamond core bit reaches the point of break through on the material being out.